Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Request

To quote Victor Borge;

"I usually do not do requests, unless of course I have been asked to do so."

So I got a request to post the poem I used on the radio show to introduce the Economics Lesson of the Day. Sadly it will not be accompanied by my voice which sounds like a wounded moose, but some would prefer it that way;

Come on baby if you got the nerve
Let's go down by the river and kiss by the Federal Reserve
You can show your supply and demand curves

When we talk economics.

We'll talk about China and the price of oil,
Run correlation coefficients, baby but don't sweat or toil
Commodity prices are up what the price of aluminum foil?

When we talk economics.

Ohhhhhhh, take me on a whirlwind tour of the banks
and of the mints
Aaaaaaand while we talk about the federal budget,
you can kiss me while money prints.

Give me supply, I'll give you demand
We'll create some equilibrium while hand in hand.
And let's not dance to that inflationary band!

When we talk economics!"

1 comment:

Captain Capitalism said...

I thought you heard it on the show?