Sunday, June 18, 2006

Intelligence of the Masses

So one of the more interesting things I've found in financial theory is the use of markets or "many minds" to forecast or determine the outcome of something. Normally this applies to stocks, but they also use it to predict elections and I think some academians have found some other uses for it.

Thus, I was very happy when my friend sent me this chart;

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NYT&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

If the masses are correct, snooty, out-of-touch media elites will go the way of the Ozone Hole Crisis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I get a little love for this one as well? I mean, come on here! I send you two pieces of material, and only get credit for the one? And a CHART, no less!

Jeez...

Captain Capitalism said...

Criminy.

Alright, alright, here's your props.

Mahan, the sexy and wise devil of St. Paul, was the guy responsible for the chart.

Everybody should worship Mahan.

People should name their first borns Mahan.

Women should come to the altar of Mahan and offer themselves to him, which they already do, for he is just that cool.

ALL HAIL MAHAN!

ALL HAIL MAHAN!

Anonymous said...

Much better. This is, of course, only what is rightfully mine...