Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chicks Dig Me, I Contribute to GDP

I was discussing with my friends the other day, and the topic of conversation had turned to charity. They accused me of being a cold hearted man and that I probably never contributed to charity once in my life.

To which I responded, "Hey, I contribute to charity. I contribute to GDP."

Since then I have referred to "going to work" as "I'm contributing to GDP" for I think it sounds better and it impresses chicks.

For example;

Girl - "What are you doing Wednesday night?"

Me - "I'M WORKING."

Girl - "Oh, that's too bad."

vs.

Girl - "What are you doing Wednesday night?"

Me - "Oh, I'd love to join you, but I'm contributing to GDP that night."

Girl - "Awwww! Wow, you're so kind and sweet and caring! Let's make out!"

Totally happens like that all the time.

In any case, I thought the phrase might make for a good shirt and was kicking around the idea of having the following just on a white t-shirt;


Of course I would charge enough to cover my expenses and include a profit, but I guarantee all of you that 100% of the proceeds would go to the US National Income Accounts and help me contribute to GDP. There's a shop nearby I think I can get them made for $7-8 a shot, with shipping, I don't know, around $15 a piece I'd surmise. Anybody interested?

13 comments:

Mark Adams said...

Have you thought about saving yourself a *#$@load of work and just use CafePress? All you'd have to do is upload a nice-quality JPEG, and set your prices, and they take care of all the production and shipping for you. Plus you can get hats, coffee mugs, etc., for all our Christmas needs.

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

Why not outsource to Cafe Press?

Anonymous said...

I'd happily improve the US current account balance, but the shipping costs (and customs) to Europe are probably too high, for it's only a shirt. And before I buy anything, I want proof that this really works with chicks.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... i reckon I'd be likely to get beaten up for such political dissent...

Ian said...

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NzMyMzI2OTQ5NTQwOWUyZTU4NjcxZGU4NWY4YjNmMDk=

O2bwln said...

Hell Yes!! Sign me up for 4.

Marty said...

Put me down for one

Captain Capitalism said...

I looked into Cafe Press and it costs roughly $20 per shirt. Which I think is a little price just for a shirt. I'll look into that supplier I have again, I'm sure I can probably get it cheaper. If not, then I'll set up an account at Cafe Press.

Anonymous said...

"Support a worthy cause; contribute to GDP."

I'd go for that. The other one seems a little repetitive.

Anonymous said...

"Contribute to GDP. It's for the Children."

Anonymous said...

Not only do you contribute to the GDP, but you also contribute a large chunk of you salary (taxes) to the charitable organization called the US Government.

Anonymous said...

"Not only do you contribute to the GDP, but you also contribute a large chunk of you salary (taxes) to the charitable organization called the US Government."

Just because they waste money on an unprecedented scale doesn't mean they're a charity. They actually have to match that waste with some good intent.

kac said...

What? Are you insinuation that us woman don't know what GDP is? (I know this is years late but, I just saw your blog).