Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Job Title Lies in the Finance World

Was looking for a job on Craig's list and came across this;

International Currency Analyst.

Thought, "wow! Right up my alley!"

Of course if you go to the actual job board, you'll see it's just an office admin position where you do data entry and reconcile errors and mistakes in trades.

You don't analyze currencies.

You don't study foreign economies.

You don't use your brain, let alone your degree.

Swear when I am king I will make it a law the title must match the job duties.

6 comments:

Mark Adams said...

What, the fact that the contact email address had "temps" in it didn't give it away?

Anonymous said...

A four year degree requirement pays $14.50 an hour! My sons make $15 an hour unloading trucks and they are still at school. Good luck paying off the student loan.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading the job descriptions on many of the job postings and they leave me scratching my head. They are filled with unrelated pointless information, explaining nothing about the position - just platitudes from a self righteous liberal arts major who landed a job in the HR department...
I have never applied to one of those positions - if they can't explain the job position, then I want no part of that...

Jeff M said...

I love this one:

- Intermediate to advanced PC experience (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet)

Yeah, because the ability to use Word and Outlook is soooo advanced. I can't believe companies even put this in job postings anymore, although I suppose it could be a proxy to weed out people over 50 or so.

Stormhound said...

Fine, King...how many jobs are going to have the title "Dumbass who sits around like a useless lump until something really needs doing, then gets in the way of whoever's trying to do it"?

Anonymous said...

@Stormhound: None. All such people shall be put to death.