Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I Don't Care If Society Collapses

A defense I have to make every once in a while when my "No Child Manifesto" videos get rediscovered is that I, being a sentient, self-aware individual, who is entitled to his own life, has no obligation to engage in some kind of "breeding-race war" to outbreed different cultures or races.  I, being 100% entitled to all the minutes in my life may choose how to spend them however I damn well please and if I choose not to bring children into this world, then so be it.

One of, if not, the largest benefit of not having children is that I really have no vested interest in the future of this, or any other country, beyond my life expectancy.  And therefore, no matter how bad things seem to get, I can glibly move on in life, enjoying my conscious minutes here drinking Rumpie, motorcycling, and enjoying the decline.  Call it selfish, call it mean, call it whatever you want, it's reality.  I'll be dead by that time and won't care, let alone be cognizant of what's going around post-mortem-Cappy.

However, it is interesting to kind of clock or measure where we are along different stages of society collapse.  Again, I have no personal vested interest where we are along this spectrum, but it does make for an interesting academic discussion.  Though I must confess I have a morbid entertainment interest in watching Sweden collapse within my lifetime. Unlike the US, I believe I'll seen Sweden collapse within my lifetime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If your anti-natalist sentiments are questioned by Christians, you can always remind them that the same are found in the Bible:

Matthew 26:24 It would be better for him if he had not been born.

Ecclesiastes 4:3 But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

;)